Don't even ask how hard it was to document this...
cause it was next to impossible.
I just experienced New York for the first time...
and I'm pretty sure we could NOT have fit one more thing in there if we'd tried.
(unless of course you took out walking time... cause there was A LOT of walking time)
We stayed pretty close to Times Square,
so upon arrival that evening,
we decided to check that off immediately.

And we needed to replenish our fuel.


Whitney arrived feeling pretty under the weather,
so we went looking for orange juice.
We all got one once we found these little beauties.

Begin Long Walk #1

Donuts for breakfast...
that's right your eyes do not deceive you.
(as I began to submerge myself in blankets on night #2,
I may have quietly asked if we could look for something a little more substantial
than a bakery for breakfast the following morning...
it was a funny moment.)

It's places like this that make me miss/crave/long for living in the city again.
To say I adored Chelsea Market is a bit of an understatement.
Exposed brick+quaint bakeries+cute shops+hustly and bustly+lobster roll=perfection
To say I adored Chelsea Market is a bit of an understatement.
Exposed brick+quaint bakeries+cute shops+hustly and bustly+lobster roll=perfection

Moments after this picture was taken,
I looked across the street and beheld Bonpoint.
I was a tad bit excited.
Window shopping was the only shopping I'd be doing however...
once inside Whitney said something like
"you should by something for Maggie to remember this by"
I inspected all the clothing perfectness and a $300 dress just wasn't in the budget for the trip.
I then saw some cute cable knit tights...
I couldn't see a price tag so I asked the sales associate...
I then put the $60 cable knit tights back in the cute little basket they came from.
Note : as this was all going on,
apparently the police were arriving next door because of a robbery at gun point...
mixed emotions about missing that one.
Once we exited the store I decided to at least capture a picture of the cute store front...
as I began lowering my camera, I noticed a short little guy walking funny (kinda dodgy like).
It was Mathew Broderick.
It suddenly dawned on me that he may have thought I was trying to get a picture of him...
I wasn't...
to the point that I wanted to shout it at him.
He continued to walk all dodgy like passed us and all the way down the block.

That night we met my brother and his wife for dinner at the Dream Hotel...
I wish I could explain how entertaining this dinner was...
It was a memory maker...
Jocelyn: "Regan... you let me wear a CARDIGAN"
but I'm going to leave it at that.
I will say that in the middle of dinner,
a somewhat disgruntled Lindsay Lohan stomped by.
We then stopped at the Momofuku Milk Bar for a cookie on the way back to our hotel.

The amazing panoramic view from our window.



Eating dinner at La Esquina in SOHO.
Watching people either excepted or denied into the secret door was priceless.


Whitney suggested doing the Empire State building at night...
I'm so glad she did...
the most entertaining/weird/fun/somewhat humiliating evening of the trip.
And yes...
the picture above is all three of us squished in one of those bike carriages humiliating ourselves.

Brooklyn here we come.








Once it was dark we left Brooklyn and headed for the Staten Island Ferry.
There was quite the array of individuals waiting for the ferry.
It was kinda perfect though.
Free ride right passed the Statue of Liberty (both ways obviously) lit up in all her glory.



We were giddy about the empty car we scored.

Such an amazing trip in an amazing city with some amazing girls.
One to go down in the records (as painfully long as it is) for sure.
One to go down in the records (as painfully long as it is) for sure.




3 comments:
wait, the trip was painfully long or the post was painfully long? hmmmm...
fun to see all your pictures since it now feels like it was a billion years ago. doughnuts are a perfectly acceptable breakfast. love the oj picture. i had forgotten about that. i also loooove the picture of all three of us in brooklyn with the city behind. i appear to be sitting on your lap a little!
because i am not vain, i will not make you take down the last picture of us. i seriously look like a 400 pound football player.
GREAT pictures! worth the dang wait. and great commentary.
i had so much fun (even though i don't think you two will ever know how freaking sick i was the entire time) and i can't wait to do it again. seriously.
xoxo
wow. I must really love you to have read ALL of that.... and enjoyed it :) You have a way with words you know....
Looks like a blast and some awesome memories made. It kind of brought out the (worrier) Scott in me.... how did they not get mugged on the subway, stolen, or even killed?? Three pretty ladies in a crazy city is asking for trouble!!
Post a Comment