When Joel told me about his school retreat that he had to attend for an 'entire' weekend, I was pretty bummed. This last quarter has been so busy with trying to finish requirements, find a job, prepare for Canadian Boards, and so on, that to find out that what little time Joel had was going to be spent away from home was less than exciting. When Friday rolled around Joel was less than enthusiastic about going too, but there was no getting out of it. I put on a "I'm smiling, but this totally stinks" face and give him a hug and a kiss goodbye.
I'm so grateful for the opportunity we've had to live in such close proximity of fabulous friends, and that at times like these (times such as weekend retreats, night clinic, boards), when our husbands are MIA, we rally together rather than staying at home wallowing in self-pity. Both Friday and Saturday night we grouped together, ate yummy food and let our kids run wild.
It made time fly by so much faster...
It didn't hurt that Mr. Williams found a way to come home a day early too.

Mags and I made cupcakes to take over to Michelle's.



Don't worry, she was only allowed to touch one cupcake and one cupcake alone.
Nobody needs Maggie saliva all over there baked goodies.
Nobody needs Maggie saliva all over there baked goodies.



I would wrap up and take Amelia home if I knew that Rocia wouldn't be hot on my heels.
She "cracks" me up.
She "cracks" me up.

The second night was hosted by Nadine, and after two hours of running in circles Maggie went to bed like a dream.
2 comments:
honestly, where does she come from? that girl...
Does anyone say that Maggie looks like a 'mini Adair'? I totally see it.
Post a Comment