6.13.2010

Not just a weekend...

...a weekend that closed one chapter of our lives and opened another.

A year ago this weekend was when a whole lot of things changed in our lives...

We had to leave behind so many things we loved.
Friends.
A City.
Student Life.
Which was really sad. And hard.

But we also found out that we were going to be blessed with something immeasurable.
A sweet baby boy.
Which was really really happy. And exciting.

Before little Anderson was this little man...


... he was this little picture on a sonogram.


Friday June 12, 2009
We began the day by asking my Dad to watch Maggie and hurrying to the Dr.'s Office.
The Tech. pushed and shoved our little baby until "he" would show us his goods.

We then hurried home shouted the good news, hugged everyone
and then had to re-group to get ready for Joel's Graduation Banquet at the Ritz Carlton that night.




Saturday June 13, 2009
We got up in the morning to attend the Thanks-a-Bunch Brunch at the Fairmont Hotel.
I wish I had recorded what Joel said in his Thank-you toast
(or maybe I did... hmmm... shows I haven't checked my video camera in a while)
We then went back to the apartment to pack. puke. then pack some more
(a common cycle that weekend)
I laugh now when I look at all these pictures...
being the sick pregnant lady I was...
Hair always verging on disaster. Pale as a ghost.
Trying to smile through a monstrous gag reflex.
I even forgot to wear a dress I had bought for Joel's actual graduation because I had dozed off just before we were to leave for the ceremony (and I may have also forgotten to comb my hair... ha!)




Sunday June 14, 2009
Joel's Graduation from the University of the Pacific
with a degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery.
It was held at the Masonic Auditorium.











We then went to Roy's for our last San Francisco dinner...
geesh... it was a year ago and I still tear up.


Everyone had decided that we'd meet at a certain place at the apartments Monday morning to say goodbye...
but I just couldn't... seriously... couldn't.
so we got in comfy clothes... packed up our beds... and drove out.



June 15, 2009 1:00 a.m.
Drove over this beautiful bridge looking back at the city lights for the last time as residents of San Francsico.

I can and can't believe that that weekend was a whole year ago.
It still makes my heart ache a little.
At least I'm feeling way better now to record what an amazing, proud, heart-breaking weekend it was.

I love you San Francisco days... always... always... will.

9 comments:

jocelyn said...

this post is depressing. i'm sorry, it is. but, to lighten the mood, you looked so so pretty at the banquet dinner.

Mindi said...

Aw, so sad! Alot of people tell mr that the student years are among the best...I think our best is yet to come. I guess it depends where you are and the friends you are grouped with. I say moving away from here couldnt come faster for me!

The Coopers said...

aww liked that.. so reminicent. Makes me want to go to san francisco.. but arent you glad to have moved on.. i am, really glad.

Kristen said...

omg this post almost made me ball my eyes out!!! i loved reading it. i relate to it in many ways but in many i didn't. i am sad too but sooooooooo ready. but i think it's different because you all have a special experience together out there in baker beach/ with ur husbands in school together. i'm going to miss it, but i'm soooooooo excited to be by family, buy a house, have warm weather, etc, etc. (remember, i'll have my ice machine now??) i love u regan, u r soo cute!!!

Janas Bananas said...

Life is so bitter sweet isn't it?? I know the feelings of leaving one place you loved to start all over again...But life can always be good no matter where you are and you always make good friends and a good life to get attached to right?...But I always have a hard time letting go of things and so I always make it harder to move on.... P.S you looked great despite being sick....

Addi said...

Hi Reg, I like this post. You are a pretty girl.

Jamie said...

Oh how i love this post. I especially love the part about sweet little Anderson. It honestly makes me cry to think of all of these babies born post SF. Did you take that last pic of the bridge? It's gorgeous. I might need you to send me a full resolution copy of that image. How about it?

LindsayB said...

ho hum just dinner at the ritz carlton. also my hair looks just like that too when i don't comb it...

i'm gonna bring it if you are! haha. seriously though, i thought you still lived there so i guess i'll cancel my plans to come visit my new friend.

Rebecca said...

sniff... no, sob.