9.29.2010

Golden Birthday


About two months ago,
Joel and I were laying in bed one night and we started talking about my birthday coming up.

I explained to him that it wasn't just my 30th this year,
but also my Golden Birthday (Sept. 30)
and that we had to make it extra unique and fun to celebrate.

Well... after days of pain and a trip to the ER
a surgeon explained to me today that I have a gall stone lodged
and that I have to have my gall bladder removed immediately... meaning tomorrow.

Unique...
um...
not so much fun...

For the record...
Joel had planned a surprise trip to San Diego,
so he had every intention of delivering.
Gotta love him.

17 comments:

rebecca said...

oh, I'm sorry Regan. Hope everything goes well!

Mindi said...

Good luck with the surgery, I'll be thinkin' of ya! ANd a surprise trip ANYWHERE is awesome!

The Pratts said...

I'm sorry! Man, you've had more than your fair share of health problemos. Good luck tomorrow, and hang in there, you'll get your trip sometime, right??

whitney said...

Oh no! Well I'm thinking of you during surg, I'm sure everything will be fine.
But I am sure your awesome hubby will make it up to you, especially if he had such a great present planned in the first place.
But hey, you are getting a pretty good present - no more gall bladder problems! Did I go too far?!

Susie said...

ummm are you kidding me? this is tragic for you. Seriously. I hope it all works out for the best. You are a trooper

Dave, Laura, Maggie and Chloe said...

That REALLY sucks. I had to get my gallbladder out last year. You'll be back on your feet in no time, but what a crappy way to spend your birthday. You poor thing. I wish I could give you a big hug. Sending lots of love and prayers and thoughts your way.

Jennyanne said...

So how am I supposed to send you birthday cheer when you are in the hospital? This is terrible golden girl. Happy Birthday tomorrow anyways! Are you guys still going to go to San Diego then at all?

John and Juli said...

oh my heck!!!!! are you kidding me!!!!! well good luck tomorrow and i still and scooping my chin off the floor. well i guess this means no more stones right...that in a weird way is a good birthday present. couldn't it have waited a few days? i mean seriously! stupid stone:( Happy Birthday in 2 hours.

jenniho ♥ said...

Happy Birthday Regan! Been there done that with the gall bladder thing...even though it wasn't on my birthday. GOod Luck and I hope you still get to go on you trip...hang in there!

Rocia said...

happy birthday reg. love you.

McCandless Co. said...

Ah man, welcome to the 30's...where our bodies just don't work for us the same as they used to! Hope your surgery goes well...I am sure that sweet man of your will still have something good planned for you. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Brian and Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian and Emily said...

Oh Regan, I have been thinking about you all day. And it is 11:00pm, still technically your birthday and I just hope and pray that you are doing, well .....better! What a STINKY way to celebrate your birthday, under the knife! I love you and think that you deserve to chose ANY other day you wish, to be your golden day, and to celebrate! I hope that your good Man (aka, my brother) will still make good that surprise trip. YOU, MY DEAR, deserve it. I love you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Addi said...

Happy Birthday Regan! I hope your hospital serves yummy cafeteria cake! Get well soon!

Dane and Kwynne said...

I'M COMING, HOLD ON!!

Brittany said...

oh what a terrible friend I am not only did your great and golden but I can't be there to help you with all of your darn stones!! enough already!!! i AM SO SORRY! I wish so bad that I could be there to be miserable with and just lay on the couch eating nothing but popsicles and pretty much anything out hearts desires!! Regs we need to live closer this distance thing is killing me!! Good Luck and I will call you as soon as I get done typing!!

ec said...

how are you? i hope you're enjoying kwynne! how could you not?