
I'm getting old guys... it's official. It was my dear friend LaDonna's 30th birthday a little bit ago, and to commemorate the occasion we got a group of friends to go to an 80's Cover Band called Tainted Love. Oh... did I mention it was at a club called Bimbos (never mind the fact that it's only the second (and the last) time I've ever been to a club)? You read right... I couldn't stop laughing when I heard the name. Just picture it, seven Mormon Moms (and Moms-one-day) dancing their hearts out to blaring eighties music at a dance club called Bimbos! My Dad suggested we make shirts saying we survived, but I think that was going a little too far. The reason for my title, was that I couldn't believe how much I've lost my edge. Back in the day, when preparing for something like this, I would have definitely hit up a thrift store for some killer 80's threads, I would have been antsy and excited for days leading up to it, and would have stayed until the bitter end. Instead I decided that buying clothes for it was too expensive and impractical (gross did I just write impractical?), I had anxt the whole day of, because my house was a disaster and I wanted it to be clean for Sunday (oh heavens, I'm older than I thought), I didn't want to be the first one at the Will Call window, and I dressed like a school teacher (sweater vest, puffed sleeve collared shirt, you get the picture).
I do have to admit however, after all of my anxiety and lameness, once we got in front of the stage, and the band started to play, I felt that whole "I can't remember if I'm 17 or 27" mind set creeping in. We danced like we were teenagers, and it was an absolute bast (my only regret was that I didn't have Joel there to share it with, he would have loved "Shot Through The Heart")! I'm so so so blessed to have memories like this one to take with me once we've graduated and left this amazing city. I'm even more blessed to have these friends for life.

We had some random guy take a picture for us... not too bad (if only we'd gotten LaDonna's right ear in there).
This was before things really got rolling and we were semi-dry, it soon became a sweat-fest.




We came out gasping for fresh air...
It was the end of the night, and not only did we survive, we didn't look completely haggard.
I should mention that there were a few hitches... the drink straw in Michelle's hair for one, Mithona's stalker (he was yuck-y), the couple that kept trying to involve LaDonna in their affection, and Nadine's very impressive defensive positions to keep the crowds off. Good times.
3 comments:
What a blast for all you old gals...j/k. Glad to say I have also experienced Bimbo's myself....oh ya, over the hump party..... Good times, great memories......wish I was there with you and nads!
it was a great night. good thing we had that classy water to hydrate us and keep us dancing all night long!
How fun. I really want to start a club with a no drink no humping policy. But no one would come.
Too bad, I love to shake it!
Post a Comment