
Joel and I are playing in a UCSF coed Basketball League for the next couple of months together.
Man I have missed playing that game.
I've got to be honest... it's taken a little memory jogging to remember how to play well. I was a little mortified at how terrible my floor sense was the first game. I would literally see an opportunity to "steal" a pass "after" the ball had already reached it's target and been put in the hoop. Or I would receive a pass and turn right into an opponent... it was an awful sight. I recovered quickly from my somber mood however, because Mr. Williams definitely showed up to play. He was a force to be reckoned with, and I've got to admit, I found it pretty irresistible.
As you can see from the pictures...
the only thing I have to show from the first game is a bruised, chubby, soar, jammed finger.
(my entire team is dental students (sans me of course) and they were all saying how lucky it was that it was me and not any of them that jammed their fingers. I wanted them to come to my house and try to change a diaper without a functioning index finger).
I'm happy to say that the second game I started to find my footing again, and I have even more hope for our game coming up. I'm so so so glad that Joel and I are doing this together, it's been such a great opportunity to just spend fun time together.
For anyone wondering, we don't just abandon the Mags. Dr. Y and Mrs. Y have been sitting (and playing) with her during the games, and I love how fabulous they are to her. Dr. Y has been working with her on her dribble, and with his teaching expertise, I'm confident she'll be dribbling circles around us all by the end of the League.

3 comments:
I miss basketball! I don't miss a jammed finger, though. That's so fun you found a league to play in!
I do not miss basketball. I really was never that good. But I do miss soccer and volleyball.
So fun that you guys can do it together!
Hope your house is feeling much better. We are still hanging onto out colds and RSV going on 2 weeks now.
I guess I am more of a sidelines girl,way to go you. Really hope you are all feeling better that sounds AWFUL! And I LOVE that little kitchen. oh my I am all over that next year love it. I love those pictures you have in her play area. Please don't tell me you made them. I want them. They are darling to die for.
Post a Comment