2.05.2010

I'm not letting go...


I'm not sure how well my coping mechanism is working when it comes to allowing my little Mags to grow up.

Lately I feel like she's suddenly catapulted into little girlhood.

She's started primary,
has grown out of every pair of pants she owns,
pretty much potty trained herself,
says "no I'll do it" when it comes to trying to help her with anything and
her imagination and creativity are now at the forefront of all her activities.

Sometimes I think I can't take it, and I get a sad little pit in my stomach
but then...


I sneak into her room at night before going to bed and find her snuggling with her piggy,
sucking her soother and her face softening back into those baby features thanks to dreamland.

As long as I can still find my baby girl while she's sleeping, she can grow up as much as she'd like while she's awake.

6 comments:

Mindi said...

Aw! She's so cute. Love the rags in her hair too!

Jamie said...

Oh i want to snuggle that girl right this minute. That is a precious picture, reg.

Brian and Emily said...

Oh my goodness, this picture is priceless. It is perfect in every way. Something about the lighting and the soft pinks that just makes it look so angelic. What a precious little lady she is. Do you find that the rags work good, or does it make the hair overly curly? You'll have to coach me some day soon!

Mindi said...

How did you get that picture? I have the hardest time taking a good picture with non optimal lighting. I am very impressed. And I'm serious about asking how you got that picture to look like that, please fill me in on your secrets.

Jennyanne said...

I love your daughter. I LoVe this picture. It's really beautiful.

Kera said...

sigh. hurts the heart.

such a sweet picture.